DALGOR-Deepening Accountable Local Governance in Rwanda
“Deepening Accountable Local Governance in Rwanda (DALGOR)”
2. Overall objective
To contribute to improved capacity of local governments to confidently and effectively respond to upward, horizontal and downward accountability demands
3. Specific objectives
• To contribute to increased voice of multi-stakeholders in making key national policies, programs and local decision that affect the lives of citizens
• To contribute to increasing ownership and improving the implementation of the governmental action by local governments for better service delivery.
4. Beneficiary Districts
Burera, Gasabo, Ngoma, Nyamagabe, Nyamasheke
5. Source of funds
DALGOR KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
This section describes key achievements within the scope of the project’s objectives.
- RESEARCH & PUBLICATION
An advanced research design and paper writing workshop for RALGA staff was organized. As a result, RALGA staff have been able :
a) To publish 11 peer-reviewed articles listed below in international publications.
b) To contributed to the process of the publication of two outsourced studies below
– Dynamics of direct citizen participation in Rwandan local governance
– State of elected local councillors & constituency interactions in Rwanda : implications for accountable local governance
- COMMUNITY POLICY DIALOGUES
Drawing on the findings of the two outsourced studies mentioned above, 5 community policy dialogues were organized in the DALGOR beneficiary districts (Nyamasheke, Nyamagabe, Ngoma, Burera and Gasabo) around evidence-based local decision-making process. For dialogues organized in Ngoma and Burera districts, all the ditricts in the Eastern and Northern Provinces were invited.
Participants to the dialogues included :
– at least one member of the District Council Bureau (Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson or Secretary) ; - at least one member of the District Executive Committee (Mayor or one of the Vice-Mayors) ;
– the District senior staff (the District Executive Secretary, The Corporate Services Division Manager, and the Director for Good Governance)
– the Executive Secretaries of Sectors
– the Executive Secretaries of Celles
– representatives of Heads of Villages
– representatives of district stakeholders (Non-Government Organisations, faith based organisations, youth and women councils, Civil Society Organisations and the Private Sector Federation)
6. Project manager
Mrs. Vénantie Nyiransabimana
Cell : +250 789 685 685
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org