RALGA represents Local Government Authorities inside the country and abroad in different forums. These include sector working groups and steering committees working on issues at stake for the local governments, as well as membership in national, regional and international organisations specialized in the decentralisation and local administration, to share experience and best practices, and pave the way for the future of local governance in Rwanda, Africa and the world.
RALGA has been representing its members in different sector working groups, regional and international organisations.
Membership in Sector working groups and steering committees
– Decentralization Citizen Participation Empowerment Transparency and Accountability (DCPETA)
– Fiscal Decentralisation Steering Committee
– LED Technical working group
– Agriculture and Joint Sector Reviews
– Board membership in decentralisation focused public agencies
Membership in regional and global organisations :
– Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF)
– United Cities and Local Government of Africa (UCLGA)
– United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG)
– ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability
– East African Local Governments Association (EALGA)
RALGA represented its members in several national and international forums where Local Governments interests were at stake.
The Association organised different statutory meetings, i.e. general assemblies, executive committees, commissions’ meetings, etc. which provided guidance to the Secretariat response to Local Governments’ needs.